We would like to thank the hundreds of people who took the time to express their opinions about the name of our event. We are sensitive to those people who have been directly and indirectly impacted by the Boston Marathon tragedy and our planning committee strives to do the right thing . The name of our event — Run/Walk BOOM!!! – will remain unchanged this year. We continue to welcome your comments. Thank you very much for your support.
Run/Walk BOOM!!! in the news
You’re invited to help support a wonderful summer tradition that celebrates our country’s birthday. Run/Walk BOOM!!! is a fun event that assures thousands of young kids and old kids can continue to enjoy The 4th of July Fireworks over Rackham Golf Course. If you’re unable to walk a mile or run a 5K route but would like to help keep the fireworks booming, please click here to make a donation.
- Meet for Start and Finish on Scotia & Hart, near the Huntington Woods Recreation Center.
- Pick up shirts and race packet on race day.
- Course maps: RunWalkBoom.com
- June 29, 2013
- 1 Mile Run/Walk 8:30 a.m.
- 5K Run/Walk 9:00 a.m. (5K age groups: 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 30-34 …)
- 5K Trophies to the top 3 male and female finishers. Medals to the top 3 male and female finishers in each age group of the 5K.
- Medals to the top 3 male and female finishers in the each of the 1 Mile races. Ribbons to all finishers of the 1 Mile.
- Snacks & refreshments for participants!
To watch the Huntington Woods 4th of July Parade, 2012, click here